Saturday, March 3, 2012

Challenge #84 Winners

Hello there, stamping friends! Happy Saturday to you!  It was a real pleasure to visit your blogs this week to see the lovely cards you made using LeAnne's sketch.  Before we get to this week's winners, we would like to announce our Guest Designer for March, Sherry Eckblad.  We asked Sherry to share a little about herself and this is what she had to say!

Sherry Eckblad of Button Junkie

Hello everyone, my name is Sherry Eckblad and I live in Minneapolis, Minnesota which is the land of 15,000 lakes so we never have to go far to see some amazing scenery. I have been married to Joe for almost 37 years and we have a son named Justin.  I have been stamping off and on for about 15 years and love stamping almost as much as I love scrapbooking and making mini-albums.  I am excited to be a guest designer this month and look forward to meeting you.


Welcome to the team Sherry, we are looking forward to stamping with you!


Now, it is time to see what caught the eye of the Design Team members this week.

Our picks for A Cut Above

Anne Marie's Choice: Patty Gorka 
LaLatty's Stamp 'N Stuff


his was sure a fun sketch this week and there were so many beautiful designs featured in our gallery. Wow! Patty's sweet baby card immediately caught my eye with the whimsical design and the soft color combo. I really like the fun mix of patterns to compliment the adorable animal images. The unique ribbon treatment is a wonderful detail as well. Such a sweet card to welcome a brand new little one to the world! Congratulations to you Patty on being my choice for A Cut Above this week! 

Jaydee's Choice:  Erin 
Hand Stamped Style


So many amazing submissions this week and you made it hard for all of us to choose our winners....but... I just kept coming back to this fabulous CAS card from Erin.  I loved the embossed background with  the smooth layer and then the patterned balloons.... they worked so beautifully together.  The color scheme was soft and luscious and just gorgeous.  All round this is a stunning card.  Erin, congratulations on being my Cut Above this week.

Ann's Choice:  Sandra Conner
Pretty Provisions


The fact there were so many beautiful cards entered this week is a testimony to the power of a wonderful sketch! And what a fabulous job Sandra did with it!  Melon Mambo paired with Always Artichoke is a "yummy" combination. With an added "pop" of color from Lucky Limeade, this card screamed "Look at me!"  Sandra's attention to details made this card a stand-out in my book. Ruffled butterfly wings, pearls, and a textured background panel grabbed my attention , and captured my heart!  Congratulations, Sandra! You are my choice for A Cut Above!


Lesley's Choice: 
Vicki Burdick of It's A Stamp Thing



Wow, so many wonderful cards this week! I just loved seeing all the interpretations of LeAnne's amazing sketch!  Vicki's card stood out to me for so many reasons!  The soft and subtle colours are lovely, and the mixture of embossed textures is perfectly balanced with the three fresh and pretty daisies!  Vicki's cards are always inspirational and this one is no exception!! Congratulations Vicki on being my choice for a Cut Above this week!

Nance's Choice: Danielle Vincent


Wow, so many fabulous interpretations of LeAnne’s sketch!  As always it was difficult to narrow it down to just one but I kept coming back to Danielle’s adorable baby girl card.  I love how she incorporated her sentiment into the three elements of LeAnne’s sketch—so stinkin’ clever!  The monochromatic palette is perfect for a new baby and who could resist those sweet handprints?  I sure couldn’t!   Congratulations Danielle, you’re my choice for A Cut Above



And now this week's Headliner: 
LeAnne's Choice: Lisa J
Snowy Moose Creations



Oh my goodness, it was incredibly difficult to choose my favorite card this week!  There were so many creative ideas and interpretations of the sketch.  Some were fun, some were elegant, some were funky.....what a plethora of styles!  In the end, I kept coming back to Lisa's little penguins with that bright green polka-dotted paper background!!!  They just looked like they were sliding down a snowy hill having a wonderfully wintery time---just made me giggle!  So congratulations, Lisa, for being the Headliner this week!

Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Paper Players! Please be sure to stop by and visit tomorrow to see the new theme challenge that Jaydee has created for us. You are going to love it!

4 comments:

  1. Such wonderful cards this week, thank you so much for choosing my daisy card as one of your Cut Above winners. I am honored!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness I feel so honored that my card was chosen as a Cut Above winner. There were so many wonderful entries this week - I sure would have had a hard time making that decision. Thanks Nance for choosing my Baby Girl card - you absolutely made my day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great variety of cards amongst the winners! Great job, ladies!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, I'm so honored! Special 'thank you' to Anne Marie for choosing my baby card. There were lots of wonderful cards this week. I'm looking forward to playing along next week.

    ReplyDelete

We love reading your comments! Thank you!